Women’s Equality Day
Today’s National Women’s Equality Day in the US. Even though this is not an international day, I did want to put it onto our content calendar. With all the recent happenings in the world about inequality, it’s good to put a stake in the ground and show how you are contributing to more/how you think about equality. Whether that’s between rich-poor, black-white or male-female (or something else). Even if you think special equality days like these are unnecessary (I personally believe we shouldn’t need a specific day).
So, today, let’s shine a light on our female hero(es).
- Think of a female you admire.
- Use the Spark, Foster, Move writing model.
- In the Spark part, be bold. Think about your tone-of-voice and make sure it fits your brand, but do try to make a statement. It could be something like “This woman is freaking amazing”, “Strong, beautiful, bad-ass”, or “You’d be lucky to know her”. Something that makes people want to READ ON! Add a white space afterward, so people need to tap that ‘read more’.
- In the Foster part, tell us about the featured woman. Why does she deserve some appreciation, some love?
- In the Move part, encourage your followers to tag a female (@username) they admire in the comments.
- Now find a photo of her. If you know the girl, then try to find a photo shot at your place.
- If not, then find a photo of the person you’ve chosen in a newspaper or a magazine. Or at least a printed picture. After that, take a photo of it at your dining table, for example. This way you can make sure it stays relevant and doesn’t become a completely random piece of content in your feed. Of course, you could also create a carousel post to do this (on Instagram).