Are you struggling to come up with restaurant Instagram captions? Then today’s your lucky day, because I’m going to explain how we come up with captions for our clients here at Tremento and give you 10 copy-and-paste caption ideas.
Coming up with new restaurant Instagram captions can be hard. The first time you post a picture of your best-selling cocktail or dessert, it may be easy to write a few lines. But after a few months, you may feel a caption-burn-out.
So how can you keep coming up with creative Restaurant Instagram Posts?
Don’t stress! We’ve all been there. The trick is to turn things around.
This is how most people create their Instagram content:
- I take a pretty picture
- I open Instagram and the pretty picture
- I think long and really hard about a text that goes along with the picture
- (Optional: I can’t really come up with anything and eventually just write something stupid)
Yeah… We can all see how this tactic is not actually creating any value for your restaurant Instagram marketing. Instead, we want to write captions that are engaging, captivating, or creating a spark of interest with our potential guests.
So how do we go about doing that?
My Best Tip for Restaurant Instagram Captions
Time to pull away the curtain and reveal my Restaurant Instagram Captions Secrets. Or well, secret. The trick is to turn your content creation system around. Instead of the visual leading the caption, it should be the other way around.
First write the text, then create the picture.
Wait, whaaaaat?! Yes, for real guys. That’s how to write good restaurant Instagram captions. Why? Because only once you turn stuff around will your content make sense. Of course, there are going to be times where the visual can lead the caption. But I’d say that 8 out of 10 times, your main focus ought to be on the caption.
How to streamline your Restaurant Instagram Marketing Process?
You may now wonder how to go about this. How do you in fact do this? The answer is easier than you might think. It’s to create a calendar. A marketing calendar. One where you can schedule your content at least 2 to 4 weeks ahead. This is basically what we also do to create the content calendar for our Tremento Tribe.
We download an empty calendar and then open up a website with all real and ‘fake’ holidays. Things like Easter, Mother’s Day and Christmas should obviously be included, but as should be a day like #internationalcoffeeday. Why? Because these days offer you amazing hooks for your captions. Whether you eventually point out the hashtag, the ‘social media holiday’, doesn’t matter. You could just skip it and act like you didn’t know. I mean, the fact that you posted a photo of your most mouth-watering pasta dish on #internationalpastaday could just be a convenient coincidence, right?
I say this because I know there are plenty of restaurant owners who don’t feel like playing with these hashtags. Or, on the other hand, if you do love to play with these hashtags: then this is my encouragement to not always mention them. Because nobody wants to see a feed where every single post was based upon a ‘social media holiday’.
10 Restaurant Instagram Captions
- The early bird can have the worm – we much rather have this breakfast! Our breakfast includes [your items] and is bound to provide you with enough energy for the rest of the day.
- Looking for a place for your upcoming date night? Surprise your food-coma-partner-in-crime and come on over to ours. Our recommended dinner for two would be:
- Wondering what to do this weekend? Here’s our suggestion: [list of 5 activities, 1 of them being a visit to your place]
- We’ve taken a sneak peek at the forecast this week and it is going to be [kind of weather]. A perfect excuse to drop by and indulge in [item that fits the weather].
- Do you know the story behind our [specific dish]? The inspiration for this recipe comes from [source]. Our chef [name] gave a personal twist to it and it’s been one of our best-selling items ever since.
- “Wow no cow!” ? Do you prefer your flat white with oat milk or regular milk? Whatever’s the answer, we’ve got your back. Perfect Restaurant Instagram Caption idea if you serve coffee and have alternative milk available. Click for example.
- Happy Hour is nonsense to us. We much rather celebrate happiness all day long. One of our top celebrative items on the menu would be [item]. The flavours will make you instantly grateful for life 😉
- Calling all workaholics this Wednesday: we challenge you! Wednesday – also known as hump day – is often the toughest day of the week. It’s too far from the weekend, on both ends 😉 So, here’s what we are going to do. We ask you to make a to-do list, grab your stuff, come over to ours, order a coffee and then CRACK ON with work. Finished? Then you get to treat yourself. Order lunch or dessert, sit back and pat yourself on the back.
- No, we don’t make Instagrammable food.. We make food that tastes good, and just happens to look as delicious as it is.
- The magic of the [item] ? A [item description]. HOW? You may ask. Just taste it, is our answer. Click for example.